Botnet from earlier phase relies on workstations engage the attack convert to smartphones in last few years. Most likely the security enhancement in workstations and smartphones improved. The threat actors found the new victims today.It is a low-end wireless router.
So below items are the guidance:
- Never trust input
- Prefer rejecting data to filtering data
- Every component should validate data
Whereby the way to validate the input are:
- Indirect selection – application never directly uses user input
If required input, do the validation actions:
- Sanitize – Attempt to fix input by removing dangerous parts
- Refuse to use invalid input
- Record invalid input in log file
- Alert – send notification to related personnel
The devices which could be affected by new malware (vpnfilter). Below is the checklist for reference.
MIKROTIK ROUTEROS VERSIONS FOR CLOUD CORE ROUTERS:
Special Item: QNAP DEVICES (Network-attached storage)
Other QNAP NAS devices running QTS software